AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Change Instrument Panel Light? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=438073)

Arye February 24th 17 06:55 PM

Change Instrument Panel Light?

Does anyone know -- Is there a way to replace a lightbulb in the
instrument cluster of a 1990 Miata without pulling out the entire
instrument panel?

-- Arye.

[email protected] February 25th 17 12:26 AM

Change Instrument Panel Light?

Are you plastic man?

Removing the instrument panel is not that difficult. Once you have removed the screws from the gauge hood, it's just a few spring clips holding it in. Just be careful pulling it out, make sure you come out straight to not break the posts. After that, the panel is just a couple of exposed screws to get access to the back.

XS11E[_1_] February 25th 17 09:45 PM

Arye > wrote:

> Does anyone know -- Is there a way to replace a lightbulb in the
> instrument cluster of a 1990 Miata without pulling out the entire
> instrument panel?

I don't think so (but I could be mistaken.)

The Usenet Improvement Project:

Arye February 27th 17 07:55 PM

On 2/24/2017 6:26 PM, wrote:
> Are you plastic man?
>

> Removing the instrument panel is not that difficult. Once you have removed the screws from the gauge hood, it's just a few spring clips holding it in. Just be careful pulling it out, make sure you come out straight to not break the posts. After that, the panel is just a couple of exposed screws to get access to the back.

Thanks for the info! It's the removal of the steering wheel that I'm
trying to avoid.

Leon van Dommelen[_2_] March 5th 17 03:56 PM

On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 13:55:30 -0500, Arye wrote:

> On 2/24/2017 6:26 PM, wrote:
>> Are you plastic man?
>>

>> Removing the instrument panel is not that difficult. Once you have
>> removed the screws from the gauge hood, it's just a few spring clips
>> holding it in. Just be careful pulling it out, make sure you come out
>> straight to not break the posts. After that, the panel is just a
>> couple of exposed screws to get access to the back.
>>

> Thanks for the info! It's the removal of the steering wheel that I'm
> trying to avoid.

I do not remember there being a need for that. However, the speedo
cable might be pretty tight. (This is my memory from many years ago.)