AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   GTR VS GTR2? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=75029)

BRH September 21st 06 08:33 PM

GTR VS GTR2?

For those of you have already gotten their copy of GTR2 -- What are your
impressions so far? What's better? What's worse than GTR?

I have the demo of GTR2 and, while the graphics are definitely improved,
I'm not sure what else would convince a GTR owner to get GTR2.

Just curious as to whether it's worthwhile to upgrade.

Thanks!

jason moyer September 21st 06 09:31 PM

GTR VS GTR2?

BRH wrote:
> For those of you have already gotten their copy of GTR2 -- What are your
> impressions so far? What's better? What's worse than GTR?

Better: the physics, the multiplayer, the assortment of cars and
tracks, the various gmotor 2 graphical improvements + rain
The Same: pretty much everything else
Worse: can't think of anything

Jone T. September 21st 06 11:20 PM

GTR VS GTR2?

jason moyer wrote:

> Better: the physics, the multiplayer, the assortment of cars and
> tracks, the various gmotor 2 graphical improvements + rain
> The Same: pretty much everything else
> Worse: can't think of anything

I thought the main thing was no Starforce. :)

Jone T.

BRH September 22nd 06 01:02 AM

GTR VS GTR2?

jason moyer wrote:
> BRH wrote:
>
>>For those of you have already gotten their copy of GTR2 -- What are your
>>impressions so far? What's better? What's worse than GTR?

> Better: the physics, the multiplayer, the assortment of cars and
> tracks, the various gmotor 2 graphical improvements + rain
> The Same: pretty much everything else
> Worse: can't think of anything

Any idea whether set-ups developed for GTR can be transferred over to
GTR2? And does framerate take a significant hit with the new graphics
(compared to GTR frame rates)?

Thanks!

jason moyer September 22nd 06 01:53 AM

GTR VS GTR2?

BRH wrote:

> Any idea whether set-ups developed for GTR can be transferred over to
> GTR2? And does framerate take a significant hit with the new graphics
> (compared to GTR frame rates)?

No idea on the first part, and it seems to run faster for me on my same
antiquated system (Athlon 64 3200+, Radeon 9800 Pro 128, 512 megs RAM).
I'd say the framerate performance is about the same as GT Legends if
you have it.

jason moyer September 22nd 06 01:54 AM

GTR VS GTR2?

Jone T. wrote:

> I thought the main thing was no Starforce. :)

I forgot about that, altho the new Securerom is almost as annoying. :(
I don't like games that won't run using Game Jackal.

gtr_2_fan September 22nd 06 06:57 AM

GTR VS GTR2?

BRH wrote:
> For those of you have already gotten their copy of GTR2 -- What are your
> impressions so far? What's better? What's worse than GTR?
>
> I have the demo of GTR2 and, while the graphics are definitely improved,
> I'm not sure what else would convince a GTR owner to get GTR2.
>
> Just curious as to whether it's worthwhile to upgrade.
>
> Thanks!

GTR 2 is not in New Zealand yet. But I will be getting it when it does

Larry[_1_] September 22nd 06 02:06 PM

GTR VS GTR2?

Actually, I've read this is gMotor-1 with enhancements, and the gMotor-2
graphics engine.

In other words, a Hybrid.

-Larry

oups.com...

Larry[_1_] September 22nd 06 02:07 PM

GTR VS GTR2?

At least it's 100% contained on the CD, and does not install useless, buggy
drivers and other crap on your hard drive.

-Larry

ups.com...

barrett September 22nd 06 03:46 PM

GTR VS GTR2?

jason moyer wrote:
> BRH wrote:
>
>> Any idea whether set-ups developed for GTR can be transferred over to
>> GTR2? And does framerate take a significant hit with the new graphics
>> (compared to GTR frame rates)?

> No idea on the first part, and it seems to run faster for me on my same
> antiquated system (Athlon 64 3200+, Radeon 9800 Pro 128, 512 megs RAM).
> I'd say the framerate performance is about the same as GT Legends if
> you have it.

i can take the first part...

yes your GTR setups can be copied into their proper place in GTR2 and
will work just as well -- with a couple tweaks. for instance, available
gear ratios of the cars are different in GTR2, so you'll have to retest
that.

barrett