AutoBanter

-   Mazda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   90 miata engine change, now cranks but wont fire, help! (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=58110)

90miataca February 27th 06 09:44 PM

90 miata engine change, now cranks but wont fire, help!

Just today the long process of changing over the engine on my 90 miata
was completed. The crankshaft on the original engine was the short
crank and the keyway had already been filled so rather then replacing
the crank on the engine (which had a little over 200Ks already) I
purchased a second hand engine, a 92 engine with the long crank, and
installed it instead. The engine cranks over but does not fire. Each of
the plugs have been checked and they all spark as they should. The fuel
lines are good and there is pressure as they were in the wrong order
and we did get some load of fuel come out when we went to change them.
As far as I know the engine doesn't seem to be getting fuel, as all it
does is crank over. Any ideas?
Thanks, Pearce.

BRUCE HASKIN February 27th 06 10:20 PM

90 miata engine change, now cranks but wont fire, help!

Two things:

Make sure you did not switch the fuel lines that go to the fuel rail.
The fwd. (top) line should go to the Pressure reg.(at the aft end of the
fuel rail and the lower (aft) line should go into the fuel rail.

Be sure you did the timming belt correctly.

Bruce RED '91