AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Windshield Washer No-Go (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=124273)

Armand March 7th 07 11:28 PM

Windshield Washer No-Go

Hi all. When I use the the washer, I don't hear the pump and there's fluid in
there. Does anyone know if the pump is fused or does it sound like the pump
went south? TIA.

High Tech Misfit March 8th 07 01:58 AM

Windshield Washer No-Go

Armand wrote:

> Hi all. When I use the the washer, I don't hear the pump and there's fluid in
> there. Does anyone know if the pump is fused or does it sound like the pump
> went south? TIA.

What year and model of Honda?

In my '93 Accord, one fuse controlled both the washer and the wiper delay.

Armand March 8th 07 10:59 AM

Windshield Washer No-Go

In article >, says...

>Armand wrote:
>
>> Hi all. When I use the the washer, I don't hear the pump and there's fluid

in
>> there. Does anyone know if the pump is fused or does it sound like the

pump
>> went south? TIA.

>What year and model of Honda?
>
>In my '93 Accord, one fuse controlled both the washer and the wiper delay.

'96. So the intermittent wiper didn't work either? I'll check that this morning.
Thanks.

High Tech Misfit March 8th 07 12:13 PM

Windshield Washer No-Go

Armand wrote:

> In article >, says...
>>
>>Armand wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all. When I use the the washer, I don't hear the pump and there's fluid

> in
>>> there. Does anyone know if the pump is fused or does it sound like the

> pump
>>> went south? TIA.

>>What year and model of Honda?
>>
>>In my '93 Accord, one fuse controlled both the washer and the wiper delay.

> '96. So the intermittent wiper didn't work either? I'll check that this morning.
> Thanks.

And if that fuse is OK, then it's the washer pump itself.

Armand March 9th 07 02:03 AM

Windshield Washer No-Go

In article >, says...

>Armand wrote:
>
>> In article >,
says...

fluid
>> in

>> pump
>>>
>>>What year and model of Honda?
>>>
>>>In my '93 Accord, one fuse controlled both the washer and the wiper

delay.

>> '96. So the intermittent wiper didn't work either? I'll check that this mornin

>g.
>> Thanks.

>And if that fuse is OK, then it's the washer pump itself.

The intermittent wiper position works fine. I haven't had a chance to check for
blown fuses though. Will do this weekend. Thanks all.

Armand March 15th 07 01:34 AM

Windshield Washer No-Go

Believe it or not, it started working when the ambient temperature increased.
A Honda tech told me that the motor will seize when frozen therefore, no
sound making you think the motor went belly-up. Go figure. Thanks anyway.

In article >,
says...

>In article >,
says...

>>Armand wrote:
>>
>>> In article >,
says...

loewent via CarKB.com March 15th 07 03:37 PM

Windshield Washer No-Go

why not use windshield washer fluid that won't freeze?

sounds like common sense to me, but then again, I live in Winnipeg.... lol ;)