AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Weird vent noise... (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=11129)

Thomas Frank October 23rd 04 01:18 PM

Weird vent noise...

I got a 2002 civic ex auto and everytime I open or close the vent, it makes
this creaky sound that sounds like a door in a haunted house. Good for
Halloween, but not the rest of the year. What does this mean? It doesn't
matter if the car is running or parked, has the fan on or off or in any of
the modes.

Thanks.

KWW October 23rd 04 02:21 PM

That is fairly normal.... if it is very loud maybe there is some sort of
lube that should have been instaled on the flap/door that closes for
"recirculate".

--
KWW

ink.net...

motsco_ _ October 23rd 04 06:14 PM

Thomas Frank wrote:
> I got a 2002 civic ex auto and everytime I open or close the vent, it makes
> this creaky sound that sounds like a door in a haunted house. Good for
> Halloween, but not the rest of the year. What does this mean? It doesn't
> matter if the car is running or parked, has the fan on or off or in any of
> the modes.
>
> Thanks.

Try removing the glove box, and maybe you'll be able to see the part
that's making the noise. It's that way on the early CRV.

Spray a shot of Silicone on it, if you're sure.

'Curly'