AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Car Radio problem fro 1993 Civic EX (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=11126)

[email protected] October 23rd 04 02:35 AM

Car Radio problem fro 1993 Civic EX

I have a 1993 Civic EX & the digital car radio casette deck will not
play at all.......any ide what to check first??

Rivergoat October 23rd 04 02:52 AM

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 21:35:56 -0400, wrote:

>I have a 1993 Civic EX & the digital car radio casette deck will not
>play at all.......any ide what to check first??

The Fuse

Dan Beaton October 23rd 04 03:12 PM

Is the unit dead entirely? Then, yes, check that it has power.
Don't just look at the fuse, replace it. (If you have a voltmeter,
verify that there is power on both ends of the fuse, but no voltage
across the fuse.)

If you are saying that the radio works, but the cassette doesn't,
or if the unit is dead even though it is getting power,
don't mess about; just replace it. Radios of that vintage
regularly appear of eBay.

Dan

(This account is not used for email.)

lamont1 October 23rd 04 11:49 PM

make s ure its getting power, if its getting power, its not worth fixing
when you can get a much better pioneer tape deck on ebay for like 10
dollars, or better yet a cd car stereo for 30