AutoBanter

-   VW water cooled (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   '91 Jetta GLi 2 liter will not shift into 5th gear and hiccoughs on acceleration (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=443073)

~Von November 20th 19 08:40 PM

'91 Jetta GLi 2 liter will not shift into 5th gear and hiccoughs on acceleration

Hello,

It has been some time since I have used this forum...

My '91 GLi has been sitting idle in the garage for several years. It now has fresh oil and fresh gas and fires right up. Shifting through gears 1-4 is perfect however I cannot get the lever into 5th gear.

Also, under medium to hard acceleration, there is a lurch that feels like there is a momentary loss of fuel delivery

Any suggestions as to what either of these might be?

THx!

Sam Stone November 21st 19 05:09 PM

~Von wrote:

> cannot get the lever into 5th gear

maybe some clues here for your GLi
https://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=110995

maybe that plastic cable holder broke? EnJoy