AutoBanter

-   Audi (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   ContiProContact in a snowstorm (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=373221)

AD[_2_] April 2nd 12 11:38 AM

ContiProContact in a snowstorm

OMG, it's horrible. I think even RE-92s were not nearly as bad.

I've pulled a set of Xi 2 off last week and haven't really adjusted to
these all seasons
on snow (that fell last night). It was the first time that I was ever
thankful to audi for ESP.
It took me two full hours running morning errands to adjust to these
before I started
turning esp off most of the time.

Turning on packed snow: understandable bad for "all-season" tires
one near miss in a left corner
Braking on packed snow: pretty awful. Had a near miss with a bumper of
a car in front
and another one with a pole.

I was glad though I haven't bought a set of dedicated summer tires,
but, then,
I would not have re-shooed in march if I did.

And did I mention they squeal badly on dry pavement in summer?

In a word: "all seasons" equals false sense of security in mid season
and are better
left as a summer option to folks who can be caught with their pants
down on a mountainous overpass in summer.
which is about 0.2% of the driving public

for the rest they are like sucky summer tires and are completely
useless in winter unless you
are looking for a lot of scary encounters with objects moving and
stationary

keeps adrenaline flowing, I should give them that