AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Thrustmaster Nascar Pro Racing Wheel (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17290)

Nel October 18th 04 11:02 PM

Thrustmaster Nascar Pro Racing Wheel

Has anyone ever got one of these working using a gameport to USB adapter? A
(PC newbie) friend of mine got one from Ebay, but could not get it working
under XP. Tried to scour the internet for XP compatible drivers to no
avail.

No problem, I thought. I'll just stick a copy of Windows 98SE on a separate
partition, load the drivers from the CD supplied and he can use the 98
partition for all his gaming needs. Unfortunately it still wasn't
recognised in the control panel despite tinkering with every option
imaginable!

The wheel works OK on a PC with a gameport as he set it up no problem on his
father-in-laws machine. However, like many modern machines, the gameport is
now omitted :-(

Any ideas?

TIA

Chet October 19th 04 12:08 AM

"Nel" > wrote in message
> Has anyone ever got one of these working using a gameport to USB adapter?

> (PC newbie) friend of mine got one from Ebay, but could not get it working
> under XP. Tried to scour the internet for XP compatible drivers to no
> avail.
>
> No problem, I thought. I'll just stick a copy of Windows 98SE on a

separate
> partition, load the drivers from the CD supplied and he can use the 98
> partition for all his gaming needs. Unfortunately it still wasn't
> recognised in the control panel despite tinkering with every option
> imaginable!
>
> The wheel works OK on a PC with a gameport as he set it up no problem on

his
> father-in-laws machine. However, like many modern machines, the gameport

is
> now omitted :-(
>
> Any ideas?
>
> TIA

buy a gameport or a soundcard with a gameport ? you can get pci sound cards
for about £5 these days.