AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   $1.99 brake calipers??? (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=54752)

Doug Warner January 22nd 06 12:25 AM

$1.99 brake calipers???

Shopping for rebuilt rear brake calipers for my 94 Volvo. There seem
to be plenty available, but some of the prices seem too low to
believe, such as this from Autozone:
CARDONE BRAKE CALIPER - REAR for a 1994 VOLVO 850
Unit Price: $58.99
Core Value*: $57.00
Part No.: 19-1708
Weight: 6.82 lbs.
Warranty: LLT

After returning the core, the price to me is only $1.99. This is hard
to believe. Is there some hidden cost they're not telling me about?

Also, some are listed as "loaded" Does this mean they come with the
pads?

(Never had to replace any parts yet that had a core return..)

--
Email reply: please remove one letter from each side of "@"
Spammers are Scammers. Exterminate them.

Don January 22nd 06 12:52 AM

$1.99 brake calipers???

On Sat, 21 Jan 2006 19:25:38 -0500, Doug Warner
> wrote:

>Shopping for rebuilt rear brake calipers for my 94 Volvo. There seem
>to be plenty available, but some of the prices seem too low to
>believe, such as this from Autozone:
>CARDONE BRAKE CALIPER - REAR for a 1994 VOLVO 850
>Unit Price: $58.99
>Core Value*: $57.00
>Part No.: 19-1708
>Weight: 6.82 lbs.
>Warranty: LLT
>
>After returning the core, the price to me is only $1.99. This is hard
>to believe. Is there some hidden cost they're not telling me about?

They will cost you each $58.99 + $57.00 = $115.99 with $57.00 to be
refunded when you return the core.

>Also, some are listed as "loaded" Does this mean they come with the
>pads?

Yes -- if you can call them that. Autozone is crap by and large.

aarcuda69062 January 22nd 06 12:59 AM

$1.99 brake calipers???

In article >,
Doug Warner > wrote:

> Shopping for rebuilt rear brake calipers for my 94 Volvo. There seem
> to be plenty available, but some of the prices seem too low to
> believe, such as this from Autozone:
> CARDONE BRAKE CALIPER - REAR for a 1994 VOLVO 850
> Unit Price: $58.99
> Core Value*: $57.00
> Part No.: 19-1708
> Weight: 6.82 lbs.
> Warranty: LLT
>
> After returning the core, the price to me is only $1.99. This is hard
> to believe. Is there some hidden cost they're not telling me about?
>
> Also, some are listed as "loaded" Does this mean they come with the
> pads?
>
> (Never had to replace any parts yet that had a core return..)

The core charge is on top of the price of the part.
You will be charged:
Unit price $58.99
Core charge $57.00
Sub total $115.99

You will be refunded $57.00 when you return a rebuildable core to
the place of purchase.

Doug Warner January 22nd 06 03:15 AM

$1.99 brake calipers???

aarcuda69062 > wrote:

>The core charge is on top of the price of the part.
>You will be charged:
>Unit price $58.99
>Core charge $57.00
>Sub total $115.99

D'OH! I must be sleeping.. The core charge is added to the price, not
included..