AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   '01 156 veloce rear spoiler removal (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=44519)

[email protected] September 28th 05 01:35 PM

'01 156 veloce rear spoiler removal

Hi there,

I had a good nose around the archives but couldn't find an answer on
this.

I'm looking to buy a 156. I've found a nice 2001 Y plate 2.0 TS Veloce
with 52K. Only thing wrong with it is that it's got a little rear
spoiler on the boot lid. Not that bloody great council estate special
you see on some 156s, but one that looks like it was factory fitted (on
an '01?) Can I get rid of it? Any idea how much that might cost? I
don't hate it, but the car looks way better without it and it's
otherwise fine.

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone has.

Regards,

Tim

mike September 29th 05 09:32 PM

Hi There Tim

Its only held on with two bolts, one either side of the
boot lid. The only Problem if you remove it you are going to end up with
three holes in the boot lid, as the stop light cable goes through the centre
support. It would probably be more cost effective to find a second hand boot
lid of the same colour than to repair yours after spoiler removal.

Regards

Mike
156 1.8 T Spark 1999 T Plate SP2

ups.com...

Pete September 30th 05 02:49 PM

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:32:35 +0100, "mike" >, wrote:

> It would probably be more cost effective to find a second hand boot
>lid of the same colour than to repair yours after spoiler removal.

You could well find someone with the same paint colour who would
be VERY happy to swap boot lids with you and pay for the work. Just so that
they could get the spoiler. If you had asked when mine was replace, you
could have certainly had my new lid.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso

[email protected] September 30th 05 03:30 PM

Thanks for the responses Mike and Pete. If I buy it (seeing it
tonight), I'll post back offering the boot. :)

I did some more digging and the body shop work would seem to be about
=A3100 which isn't too bad. But not as good as free.

Thanks and regards,

Tim

Pete September 30th 05 06:56 PM

On 30 Sep 2005 07:30:25 -0700, , wrote:

>I did some more digging and the body shop work would seem to be about
>=A3100 which isn't too bad. But not as good as free.

Don't forget the cost of paint if that is not a perfect colour match.
I had to get a new one fitted after my beloved one had a wall jump out
behind her just as she was parking at 5mph. Darned walls. Can't trust them.
The lid and valance were slightly creased. Insurance replaced both with new
as it was cheaper than repairing. You wont get a bare lid spayed for 100GBP

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso

SteveH September 30th 05 07:17 PM

Pete > wrote:

> You wont get a bare lid spayed for 100GBP

Yeah, vets rates are shocking these days ;-)
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Passat 1.8 Turbo SE - COSOC KOTL

Pete September 30th 05 07:43 PM

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 19:17:33 +0100, (SteveH), wrote:

>Pete > wrote:
>
>> You wont get a bare lid spayed for 100GBP

>Yeah, vets rates are shocking these days ;-)

Too true Steve. Mine want your insurance details
when making an appointment. Bit like AR (whoops)
Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso

[email protected] October 3rd 05 11:22 AM

SteveH wrote:
> Pete > wrote:
>
> > You wont get a bare lid spayed for 100GBP

> Yeah, vets rates are shocking these days ;-)

Hehe. I bought one without a spoiler in the end. Without that reversing
aid I'll no doubt soon be discovering just how vicious an untamed wall
can be.

Regards,

Tim

Pete October 3rd 05 03:55 PM

On 3 Oct 2005 03:22:02 -0700, , wrote:

>> Yeah, vets rates are shocking these days ;-)

>Hehe. I bought one without a spoiler in the end. Without that reversing
>aid I'll no doubt soon be discovering just how vicious an untamed wall
>can be.
>
>Regards,
>Tim

Hope that you enjoy it. At least you have avoided one Vet bill :-)

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso