AutoBanter

-   Ford Explorer (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   1994 ford ranger 4x4 brake issues (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=444058)

charles cates February 6th 20 12:18 AM

1994 ford ranger 4x4 brake issues

XLT Ranger 4 wheel drive pickup - replaced both front calipers and pads, bled
front brakes, pedal felt firm, however, as soon as we started the truck, the
pedal went to the floor, so tried bleeding them again - same result - any
ideas? - this truck does have ABS - could that be an influence?

--
for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/ford-exp...ues-21275-.htm

Walt[_2_] February 8th 20 09:18 PM

1994 ford ranger 4x4 brake issues

replying to charles cates, Walt wrote:
Unless your spraying brake fluid from a busted line somewhere, I would replace
the master cylinder first. That's the cheapest part in the system. I had a
slowly dropping pedal on my '94 explorer with 116,000 miles, the internet said
it was the ABS...a replacement master cylinder fixed the problem much to my
relief!

--
for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/ford-exp...ues-21275-.htm