AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Fi Challenge add on tracks (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17317)

Battle Weary October 26th 04 05:11 AM

Fi Challenge add on tracks

Does anyone know if..........

Although many of the add-on tracks appear to be modelled from the
ground up, I notice that some tracks are conversions from other sims
eg codemasters Race Driver

One of the tracks I have d'loaded is the Gold Coast Indy track. This
appears to be an adaption from an earlier title (Race Driver) I
believe.

My question is if that is true, can the circuits be lifted off the
latest version Race Driver 2? and just replaced into the circuts
folder?

I would try, but I have fiddled with these add-on's now for week and
got the desired outcome. i would flip if I messed it all up now.

I not I would love to see if someone can manage it so that we can race
the V8 mod on the later version which is a far more realistic
representation of the circut.

tia Glenn

Dave Henrie October 26th 04 06:27 PM

(Battle Weary) wrote in
:

> Does anyone know if..........
>
> Although many of the add-on tracks appear to be modelled from the
> ground up, I notice that some tracks are conversions from other sims
> eg codemasters Race Driver
>
> One of the tracks I have d'loaded is the Gold Coast Indy track. This
> appears to be an adaption from an earlier title (Race Driver) I
> believe.
>
> My question is if that is true, can the circuits be lifted off the
> latest version Race Driver 2? and just replaced into the circuts
> folder?
>
> I would try, but I have fiddled with these add-on's now for week and
> got the desired outcome. i would flip if I messed it all up now.
>
> I not I would love to see if someone can manage it so that we can race
> the V8 mod on the later version which is a far more realistic
> representation of the circut.
>
> tia Glenn

There is quite a-bit more to converting the tracks than just moving
from one sim's folders to another. You have to deconstruct the track
with a 3d program and then re-order/re-label everything so it matches the
new format.
Some utils help in this project but it is a very time intensive
procedure. Well above my head.

dave henrie