AutoBanter

-   Technology (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Electric motor noise in the rear (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=438408)

Tom Del Rosso[_5_] April 30th 17 12:31 AM

Electric motor noise in the rear

What is that noise like a stepper motor in the rear 5 seconds after
starting?

It's a 2002 Lesabre but you probably don't need to know that.

Scott Dorsey April 30th 17 04:38 AM

Tom Del Rosso > wrote:
>What is that noise like a stepper motor in the rear 5 seconds after
>starting?

It's the radio antenna unrolling.
--scott

Scott Dorsey May 1st 17 09:19 PM

Tom Del Rosso > wrote:
>What is that noise like a stepper motor in the rear 5 seconds after
>starting?

It's a vaporizer. The kid in the back seat is smoking weed again.
--scott

[email protected] May 3rd 17 09:15 AM

Electric motor noise in the rear

I hear a noise like machine guns 5 seconds after starting.

It's a 1964 Aston Martin DB5.....

Tom Del Rosso[_5_] May 4th 17 09:23 AM

The Real Bev wrote:
> On 04/29/2017 04:31 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> What is that noise like a stepper motor in the rear 5 seconds after
>> starting?
>>
>> It's a 2002 Lesabre but you probably don't need to know that.

> Antenna raising?

No external antenna.

Steve W.[_6_] May 4th 17 05:24 PM

Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> The Real Bev wrote:
>> On 04/29/2017 04:31 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>>> What is that noise like a stepper motor in the rear 5 seconds after
>>> starting?
>>>
>>> It's a 2002 Lesabre but you probably don't need to know that.

>> Antenna raising?

> No external antenna.

Air ride valving and compressor

--
Steve W.

The Real Bev[_5_] May 4th 17 08:54 PM

On 05/04/2017 09:24 AM, Steve W. wrote:
> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> The Real Bev wrote:

>>> Antenna raising?

>> No external antenna.

> Air ride valving and compressor

I'd bet money.

Friend's Caddy groans (even with the engine off) when it adjusts to
NOTHING THAT NEEDS TO BE ADJUSTED TO and NO, you can't replace the
stupid system with ordinary shocks. Once again GM products prove
themselves to be worthless POS.

--
Cheers, Bev
Why is it so hot and what am I doing in this handbasket?

dsi1[_13_] May 5th 17 12:42 AM

On 4/29/2017 1:31 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> What is that noise like a stepper motor in the rear 5 seconds after
> starting?
>
> It's a 2002 Lesabre but you probably don't need to know that.

My guess is that the guy you got in your trunk ain't fully dead yet.
OTOH, it might be that your fuel pump is trying to send you an important
message.

Tom Del Rosso[_5_] May 5th 17 05:19 AM

Steve W. wrote:
> Tom Del Rosso wrote:
>> The Real Bev wrote:

>> No external antenna.
>>

> Air ride valving and compressor

Thanks. That's the first thing that makes sense.

The Real Bev[_5_] May 5th 17 05:38 AM

On 05/04/2017 09:19 PM, Tom Del Rosso wrote:
> Steve W. wrote:
>> Tom Del Rosso wrote:

>>> No external antenna.

>> Air ride valving and compressor

> Thanks. That's the first thing that makes sense.

Not that the system itself makes any sense at all :-(

--
Cheers, Bev
"Not everyone can be above average so why