AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Headlight adjustment (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=347920)

GT[_11_] February 3rd 10 08:16 PM

Headlight adjustment

OK, I give in - where is it? Need to adjust vertical beam - higher please!

I've tried the black plastic hexagonal adjustor thingy above the wiring on
the central bulb connection and I've tried the white hexagonal plastic
adjuster thingy behind and below the central bulb wiring connection, but
nothing moves!

Thanks,
GT

Catman February 3rd 10 08:23 PM

Headlight adjustment

GT wrote:
> OK, I give in - where is it? Need to adjust vertical beam - higher please!
>
> I've tried the black plastic hexagonal adjustor thingy above the wiring on
> the central bulb connection and I've tried the white hexagonal plastic
> adjuster thingy behind and below the central bulb wiring connection, but
> nothing moves!

Well, on the 116 it's a sort of fluted knob. On the GT I press a button.

Can't recall what you drive ;)

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

SteveH[_2_] February 3rd 10 08:28 PM

Headlight adjustment

Catman > wrote:

> GT wrote:
> > OK, I give in - where is it? Need to adjust vertical beam - higher please!
> >
> > I've tried the black plastic hexagonal adjustor thingy above the wiring on
> > the central bulb connection and I've tried the white hexagonal plastic
> > adjuster thingy behind and below the central bulb wiring connection, but
> > nothing moves!

> Well, on the 116 it's a sort of fluted knob. On the GT I press a button.
>
> Can't recall what you drive ;)

A 156, as I recall.

Thought they all had electric adjusters.
--
SteveH

Catman February 3rd 10 08:30 PM

Headlight adjustment

SteveH wrote:
> Catman > wrote:
>
>> GT wrote:
>>> OK, I give in - where is it? Need to adjust vertical beam - higher please!
>>>
>>> I've tried the black plastic hexagonal adjustor thingy above the wiring on
>>> the central bulb connection and I've tried the white hexagonal plastic
>>> adjuster thingy behind and below the central bulb wiring connection, but
>>> nothing moves!

>> Well, on the 116 it's a sort of fluted knob. On the GT I press a button.
>>
>> Can't recall what you drive ;)

> A 156, as I recall.
>
> Thought they all had electric adjusters.

156 does indeed. Or at least both mine did.

SteveH[_2_] February 3rd 10 08:31 PM

Headlight adjustment

Catman > wrote:

> SteveH wrote:
> > Catman > wrote:

> >> Well, on the 116 it's a sort of fluted knob. On the GT I press a button.
> >>
> >> Can't recall what you drive ;)

> > A 156, as I recall.
> >
> > Thought they all had electric adjusters.

> 156 does indeed. Or at least both mine did.

Both of ours did (have), too.

--
SteveH

GT[_11_] February 3rd 10 09:39 PM

Headlight adjustment

"Catman" > wrote in message
> GT wrote:
>> OK, I give in - where is it? Need to adjust vertical beam - higher
>> please!
>>
>> I've tried the black plastic hexagonal adjustor thingy above the wiring
>> on the central bulb connection and I've tried the white hexagonal plastic
>> adjuster thingy behind and below the central bulb wiring connection, but
>> nothing moves!

> Well, on the 116 it's a sort of fluted knob. On the GT I press a button.
>
> Can't recall what you drive ;)

Ah - that would have been useful info! Sorry its a 2002 156 2.0JTS. Facelift
interior. Old exterior.

Electric adjusters - how do I use them please! I have the standard adjuster
on the dash "0-1-2-3" for adjusting when car is heavy and pointing at the
sky, but I have not other cockpit adjusters.

SteveH[_2_] February 3rd 10 09:46 PM

Headlight adjustment

GT > wrote:

> Electric adjusters - how do I use them please! I have the standard adjuster
> on the dash "0-1-2-3" for adjusting when car is heavy and pointing at the
> sky, but I have not other cockpit adjusters.

Which setting are you using?
--
SteveH

Catman February 3rd 10 09:55 PM

Headlight adjustment

SteveH wrote:
> GT > wrote:
>
>> Electric adjusters - how do I use them please! I have the standard adjuster
>> on the dash "0-1-2-3" for adjusting when car is heavy and pointing at the
>> sky, but I have not other cockpit adjusters.

> Which setting are you using?

Indeed. 0 being the highest, 3 being the lowest. Counter intuitive, a
bit, but weight in the back forces the front up, thus the lights need to
come down.

GT[_11_] February 3rd 10 10:52 PM

Headlight adjustment

"Catman" > wrote in message
> SteveH wrote:
>> GT > wrote:
>>
>>> Electric adjusters - how do I use them please! I have the standard
>>> adjuster
>>> on the dash "0-1-2-3" for adjusting when car is heavy and pointing at
>>> the
>>> sky, but I have not other cockpit adjusters.

>> Which setting are you using?

> Indeed. 0 being the highest, 3 being the lowest. Counter intuitive, a bit,
> but weight in the back forces the front up, thus the lights need to come
> down.

I'm set on zero already. Can't I adjust the headlight beam pattern under the
bonnet somehow as well? (As in the allignment adjustments for MOT)?

Catman February 4th 10 06:42 AM

Headlight adjustment

GT wrote:
> "Catman" > wrote in message
>> SteveH wrote:

>>> Which setting are you using?

>> Indeed. 0 being the highest, 3 being the lowest. Counter intuitive, a bit,
>> but weight in the back forces the front up, thus the lights need to come
>> down.

> I'm set on zero already. Can't I adjust the headlight beam pattern under the
> bonnet somehow as well? (As in the allignment adjustments for MOT)?

Possibly, yes. Damned if I know how though, I'm afraid :( Is it not in
the manual?