AutoBanter

-   Simulators (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RBR crashes ...question about specs (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=17277)

Craig Gobbi October 17th 04 04:05 AM

RBR crashes ...question about specs

I've just bought RBR, and it crashes to desktop before it starts. I am
running a AMD 1.44GHz which is rated at 1.66GHz RBR neads a min of 1.6 Do
you think this is my probem or something more serious, as I meet the rest of
the specs.
2nd question. does my GF fx5900 have pixel shader support ???

Thnaks
Craig

Craig Gobbi October 18th 04 07:51 AM

OK looks like the upgrade might be the best option.
I've been out of teh loop in regards to CPU's for a while now, my
preferance is for AMD , which one is the best bang for bucks CPU at the
moment?

Ta
Craig

Swervo October 18th 04 08:55 AM

Craig Gobbi wrote:

> OK looks like the upgrade might be the best option. I've been out of
> teh loop in regards to CPU's for a while now, my preferance is for
> AMD , which one is the best bang for bucks CPU at the moment?
>
> Ta Craig

I picked up a 2700+ XP for around $80 a number of months ago, I would
imagine it's even cheaper now. So far, it's run everything I've thrown
at it just fine.

The mobo to support it was all of $130 about a year and a half ago as
well, so I imagine that's much cheaper these days as well.

Malc October 18th 04 12:37 PM

"Craig Gobbi" > wrote in message
> OK looks like the upgrade might be the best option.
> I've been out of teh loop in regards to CPU's for a while now, my
> preferance is for AMD , which one is the best bang for bucks CPU at

the
> moment?

Check your mobo manual but you could probably put an XP2000 or maybe
even up to an XP2400 in it on a 133Mhz (266) FSB. After that they use a
166Mhz (333) FSB so you'll probably need a new mobo, but if you're going
to get a new mobo anyway go with an A64 imo.

Malc.