AutoBanter

-   Honda (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   99 Honda Accord EX DTC code P1456 (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=60136)

Chris1019 March 22nd 06 01:11 AM

99 Honda Accord EX DTC code P1456

I had Advance Auto give me this code P1456 from an OBDII unit. Under the
code it says Manufacturer Contrl. Auxiliary emission Controls. It does'nt
specify or pinpiont the problem.Please Help!

M.Paul March 22nd 06 04:02 PM

99 Honda Accord EX DTC code P1456

Some (or all?) of the 99 Accords have had their emissions related warranty
extended to 100K miles by Honda due to an EGR problem.

TeGGeR® March 22nd 06 07:48 PM

"Chris1019" <u19941@uwe> wrote in news:5d9c7c26aa5d4@uwe:

> I had Advance Auto give me this code P1456 from an OBDII unit. Under
> the
> code it says Manufacturer Contrl. Auxiliary emission Controls. It
> does'nt specify or pinpiont the problem.Please Help!

P1456 is probably the gas cap. Try tightening it six clicks, then wait a
few days.

The official description:
P1456 Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) Control System Leakage
(Fuel Tank System)

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ
www.tegger.com/hondafaq/

High Tech Misfit March 22nd 06 10:02 PM

M.Paul wrote:

> Some (or all?) of the 99 Accords have had their emissions related warranty
> extended to 100K miles by Honda due to an EGR problem.

I believe this applies to V6 models only.