AutoBanter

-   Alfa Romeo (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Alfa test drive day (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=516)

DesmaisonLCM October 21st 04 08:02 AM

Alfa test drive day

Hello all,

Last Saturday, the Alfa dealer of my area organized one day of free tests with
several professional pilots (on open road ! yes we can have that in France!).
I could test a " Alfa Coupe 1.9 JTD 150 ". It is a very beautiful car, the
engine pleasant but is typified a little too much diesel with my taste on the
sound level. The performances are good between 2000 and 4500 rpm but without
beings particularly impressive. On the other hand I then tested a " Alfa 156
2.4JTD 16V TI 175hp ". It is another dimension! The engine is absolutely
fantastic, with power everywhere and an impressive torque. This engine agrees
to take rpms like an engine gasoline, it is possible to retrogress in third to
double another car, to make it howl with a sublime sound, even for a diesel
engine. In the opinion of pilot who could drive many other cars, BMW and
others, this engine is one of best which exists, and the frame of the 156 one
of most powerful too. I am a follower of engine gasoline but I must recognize
that I am under the charm of this diesel engine.
I also could test a " Alfa 147 GTA Selespeed ", of course it is exceptional,
beautiful, powerful, etc. The pilot could carry out a test on a small sinuous
road and I must say that I nevertheless was a little afraid in certain turns at
the beginning. Then, confidence coming, I slackened and I could appreciate the
capacities of the car like that of the pilot, both being impressive. I had the
impression to be on board a true car of rally in a race.
It was one day splendid with sun, small sinuous roads and full with Alfas, days
as one would like some more often.
Bruno,
2001' 156 1.6L TS