AutoBanter

-   BMW (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   X5 free maintenance (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=61139)

[email protected] April 1st 06 08:52 AM

X5 free maintenance

I just bought 3.5y old 2002 X5 with 43500 miles on it. I checked that
is is covered by warranty till July 2006. How about free
maintenance/inspections 1 or 2/oil change? Does it have that too?

Dimag - Bellevue, WA

Floyd Rogers April 1st 06 03:36 PM

X5 free maintenance

> wrote >I just bought 3.5y old 2002 X5 with 43500 miles
on it. I checked that
> is is covered by warranty till July 2006. How about free
> maintenance/inspections 1 or 2/oil change? Does it have that too?
>
> Dimag - Bellevue, WA

Yes.

FloydR, Issaquah

Joe C April 1st 06 08:25 PM

X5 free maintenance

I believe in 2002, BMWs were covered
with a 4 year warranty, but only 3 years
free maintenance.
Joe

oups.com...

[email protected] April 1st 06 08:52 PM

X5 free maintenance

This is a question. http://www.bmwusa.com/Vehicles/X5/30i/Warranty.htm
(Full maintenance link) tells about 4y/50000miles full maintenance. Is
that for the new models or all X5s? I am not able to find any info on
2002 models maintenance at the official site. I guess I'll just call
customer care at BMW and ask about that on Monday.

Dimag

Joe C April 1st 06 09:52 PM

X5 free maintenance

I have a 2002 325ci (service date 12/15/01) and was able
to get inspection 1 completed just before the maintenance
expired (12/15/04). At that time, I still had a year left on the
manufacturers warranty (12/15/05). Sometime between the
2002 models and now, they changed to 4yr maintenance
coverage. Unless it's different for the X5s, I think your out
of luck.

Joe

oups.com...

Tom K. April 1st 06 10:07 PM

X5 free maintenance

"Joe C" > wrote in message
>I have a 2002 325ci (service date 12/15/01) and was able
> to get inspection 1 completed just before the maintenance
> expired (12/15/04). At that time, I still had a year left on the
> manufacturers warranty (12/15/05). Sometime between the
> 2002 models and now, they changed to 4yr maintenance
> coverage. Unless it's different for the X5s, I think your out
> of luck.
>
> Joe

Must have been 2003 as my Z4 (built in Jan. 2003) has the 4 year
maintenance.

Tom K.

E Brown April 2nd 06 07:10 AM

X5 free maintenance

On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 16:07:26 -0500, "Tom K."
> wrote:
>
>Must have been 2003 as my Z4 (built in Jan. 2003) has the 4 year
>maintenance.

Ditto - both my cars don't expire until late 2007 (Sept for the Z4,
November for the 325i). Thing is, I only cover about 5k miles a year
in each since I split driving between them - that spreads out the
service intervals quite a bit. I may never get to use the free
maintenance at this rate.
epbrown
--
"Everybody wants a normal life and a cool car;
most people will settle for the car." Chris Titus

Tom K. April 2nd 06 04:56 PM

X5 free maintenance

"E Brown" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 1 Apr 2006 16:07:26 -0500, "Tom K."
> > wrote:
>>
>>Must have been 2003 as my Z4 (built in Jan. 2003) has the 4 year
>>maintenance.
>>

> Ditto - both my cars don't expire until late 2007 (Sept for the Z4,
> November for the 325i). Thing is, I only cover about 5k miles a year
> in each since I split driving between them - that spreads out the
> service intervals quite a bit. I may never get to use the free
> maintenance at this rate.
> epbrown
> --

I have a similar "problem" with a daily driver 328i, the Z4 and a BMW
motorcycle. Buried in the fine print in the manual should be a statement
about yearly oil changes & I believe the dealers will provide it as part of
the covered maintenance. Maybe you could negotiate a price discount on your
next new BMW on this basis!

Tom K.

[email protected] April 6th 06 04:54 PM

X5 free maintenance

Thanks everybody for the answers - I am out of luck here, in 2002 BMW
had 3 year 36000 miles free maintenance policy. Confirmed at BMW USA
customer relations.

Dimag