AutoBanter

-   Saturn (http://www.autobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Transmission "locks up" (http://www.autobanter.com/showthread.php?t=37285)

milfred July 4th 05 06:23 AM

Transmission "locks up"

When driving my 1996 Saturn SL2 the automatic transmission will lock up and
stays in one gear. Revving the engine doesn't help. I have to stop and
restart the vehicle. Just had a new rebuilt engine installed. Any
sggestions? Thanks

riz July 4th 05 02:19 PM

Had a similar problem with a 95. Group consensus was that it was the
transmission "valve body." I got rid of the car.

lkaboutautos.com...

Shawn July 4th 05 08:17 PM

My 95 did the same thing, It would stick in a gear and it wouldn't change if
I sped up or slowed down. Only if I stoped and started again, it would
change.
It was the valve body.

lkaboutautos.com...